MedSlant™ has a uniquely patented design that eases the symptoms of GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease commonly known as acid reflux. GERD is the spontaneous regurgitation of acid and food from the stomach into the esophagus. MedSlant™ elevates the head, chest and shoulders and simply uses gravity to prevent stomach acid from coming back into the throat, thus protecting the esophagus from damage.
Elevating only the head on pillows causes the body to bend and actually makes reflux worse.
- The MedSlant Folding pillow is 32″ long by 24″ wide by 7″ high and fully supports your upper torso.
- Made from 100% hypoallergenic polyurethane foam that is comfortable, yet supportive enough to maintain the recommended slant that physicians recommend.
- Use MedSlant™ with or without your favorite bed pillow.
- Sleep on your side or your back.
- The comfort waves provide more relaxing sleep and greater air circulation.
- MedSlant™ comes with a washable cover in a travel bag, so you can enjoy its benefits and comfort wherever you go.
- It’s even the correct size to fit under a crib mattress to help ease Children’s Reflux.
- The MedSlant BIG pillow is 32″ long by 30″ wide by 7″ high with a soft memory foam layer for added comfort.
In addition to Acid Reflux and GERD, MedSlant™ can provide benefits for people with:
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Congestive heart failure
- Hiatal Hernias
- Infants and Children
- Respiratory Disease
- Sinus Congestion and Post Nasal Drainage
- Sleep Apnea
Asthma: Elevating the head helps asthma patients to breathe more easily. About one half of asthmatic patients also have GERD and what appears to be asthma in many patients 50 or older may actually be acid reflux. It is not clear whether asthma is a cause or effect of GERD.
Barrett’s esophagus: Caused by repeated and long-term exposure to stomach acid it usually develops from GERD. Treatment starts with elevating the head so acid can’t reflux during sleep
Congestive heart failure: Patients have difficulty breathing when lying flat. Elevating the head and upper body eases breathing.
Hiatal Hernias:; Many GERD patients have Hiatal Hernias. Reducing the symptoms of acid reflux helps.
Hoarseness: Hoarseness is another symptom of GERD that can be helped by elevating the head and upper body.
Infants and Children: About 65% of babies regurgitate milk occasionally and many children suffer from reflux and snoring. MedSlant™ fits perfectly under a crib mattress and is suitable on top of the mattress for children old enough to sleep on a pillow. By elevating the infant’s or child’s head and upper body, reflux symptoms are reduced. See Acid Reflux in Infants and Children.
Pregnancy: At least 25% of pregnant women suffer from reflux daily. Also, many doctors advise pregnant women to sleep on wedge pillows for added comfort. See Acid Reflux and GERD in Pregnancy.
Respiratory disease: Can cause night choking, sore throat and hoarseness. Elevating the head, chest and shoulders can relieve these symptoms.
Sinus congestion and post nasal drainage: Coughing and drainage of mucus down the back of the throat can cause a sore throat and irritate the membranes lining the larynx. Sleeping elevated on MedSlant™ can help to reduce these symptoms.
Snoring: Elevating the head, chest and shoulders often reduces snoring.
Sleep Apnea: Reflux can cause spasms of the vocal cords thereby blocking the flow of air to the lungs and may cause sleep apnea (repeated but temporary stopped breathing during sleep). Elevation of the head, chest and shoulders helps control reflux.